Is it the speed you need? Performance? Do you search for the minimum sink? Is the peace of mind important for your long flights? So, here we are! We designed APOLLO 2 to be fast, safe, reliable and great fun to fly during your XC adventurous.
We believe that safety is essential for all airborne activities. But being safe should not limit your performance, your competitive spirit and your determination to fly XC flights. APOLLO 2 is not created as a compromise between safety and performance but rather as the synergy between sporty spirit and comfortable, safe flying.
Why do pilots like APOLLO 2?
- EN/LTF B certified glider with a lot of passive safety.
- Very easy take-off and that helps to discover the places off the principal and populated meadows.
- A higher performance which pilots will appreciate in long-distance flights over the valleys where the speed and headwind penetration is needed.
- Highly efficient thermalling which is a real piece of cake as it is not tiring and APOLLO 2 cores the thermals very naturally.
- The wing is very compact and even we the performance is there, it is still very comfortable glider.
- Very light wing (4.25 kg in M size) produced in 5 sizes to fit best your take-off weight.
The main distinctive features are:
- Three line plan minimises the drag and helps the pilots sorting out the lines and the pre-flight check a piece of cake.
- LEO (Leading Edge Optimization) design ensures that the composite nose is highly structured and formed yet remains light and allows pilots very easy take offs even under challenging conditions.
- The unique blend of Hypalon, nylon rods and mylar support the nose with perfect tension and minimises the tendencies to collapses.
- The Triple 3D cut; two upper surface cuts and one lower, ensure the cleanest of curves to the foil. The end result is a highly efficient profile with excellent internal pressure values throughout the speed range that remains simple to launch, highly durable and yet simple to pack.
- Proven three and a half rows and three-risers line concept with split A-risers for more comfortable ears.
We listened carefully to pilots and their needs when they fly EN B glider. We also noted what people liked about APOLLO; they all agreed this is very comfortable wing to fly, they loved the spirit, they enjoy thermal flights and coring the rough thermals. They all asked even for higher performance and more stability.
And we did it. APOLLO 2 is more stable, it uses different production technologies to improve performance and deliver sporty feeling and a little bit more performance. Just contact the designing team to learn more. The glider was designed by Alexandre Paux, and plenty of improvements during the demanding testing was made by a Turkish national aerobatics champion Artoosh Ghofoorian.
- Panels: Skytex 32g universal; Porcher Sport, France.
- Leading edge: Skytex 38g Universal; Porcher Sport, France
- Ribs and diagonals: Skytex hard 40, 40 g/m2, Porcher Sport, France
- Upper cascade: EDELRID 7000, LIROS DC, Germany
- Middle cascade: EDELRID 7000, 7850, Germany; Cousin Vectraline, France.
- Lower lines: PPSL LIROS, Germany
- Main brake lines: EDELRID 7850, Germany
- Strap: 13 mm polyester strap, Mouka Tišnov, Czech Republic
- Maillons: 3.5 Normal Inox, Peguet, France
Customer colours are available at extra cost and lead time. Please ask for details.
|Flat area (m2)||21.97||23.47||25.07||26.78||28.6|
|Flat span (m)||11.08||11.45||11.84||12.23||12.64|
|Flat aspect ratio||5.59||5.59||5.59||5.59||5.59|
|Projected surface area (m2)||19.08||20.38||21.77||23.25||24.84|
|Projected span (m)||8.98||9.29||9.6||9.92||10.25|
|Projected aspect ratio||4.23||4.23||4.23||4.23||4.23|
|Number of cells||55||55||55||55||55|
|Weight of the glider (kg)||3.9||4.05||4.25||4.5||4.75|
|Take-off weight (kg)||50-70||64-81||74-94||85-108||99-125|
|Certification||23.30||EN/LTF B||EN/LTF B||EN/LTF B||EN/LTF B|
Each glider is delivered with:
- EYRIE L backpack. Well cushioned back, shoulder and waist parts for more comfort. Conveniently placed pockets. Internal retaining strap.
- T-shirt SKY TEAM. In Sky, a T-shirt gets as much attention as a paraglider. T-shirts are designed, cut, sewn and printed by us, in our manufacturing facility in the Czech Republic. They are made of cotton and bamboo fibres for comfort and durability.
- SKY SLIM BAG SL. We realise that easy packing at the end of a good flight is essential to finish off the day in good spirits. Sky Slim makes it as easy and as simple as possible and the bag offers the ability to pack compact if desired.
- Handy kit - a glider repair kit for quick repairs. It contains a versatile tool and self-adhesive SKYTEX.
- USB flash drive with manuals and a choice of Sky Paragliders photos and videos.
Sky Apollo 2
- Brand: Sky Paragliders
- Product Code: apollo2
- Availability: 1-8 Weeks
Tags: Sky Apollo 2 paraglider